Annually, one BSW and one MSW student are nominated to receive the NASW-Michigan Social Work Student of the Year Award. Each student will be recognized during a regional awards ceremony, which will be followed by a short reception.
Student Social Workers of the Year are selected based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership qualities (active member of student organizations)
- Contribution to the positive image of a social work program
- Commitment to political and community activities
- Success in academic performance
- Degree to which the student represents the professional ethics of social work as defined in the NASW Code of Ethics
- NASW member
Please submit your nomination via email to OASS at firstname.lastname@example.org using this Nomination Form by February 10, 2020 for consideration. A panel composed of the Associate/Assistant Dean, BSW and MSW coordinators, and academic advisors will review all nominations and select one BSW and one MSW student of the year for WSU SSW.
Awardees will be introduced by the BSW and MSW program coordinators and are expected to give a short (<5 minute) speech addressing their accomplishments, advocacy work and/or thank yous. Awardees may bring up to four additional guests to the ceremony. Awardees will also be published in The Bridge newsletter and highlighted on the NASW Michigan website. You can view last year’s recipients on the NASW-MI website.
For questions contact the WSU School of Social Work at 313-577-4409 or email@example.com.