Read this email on the Web
Welcome to a new semester at Wayne State University.
The beginning of the semester is always exciting. I hope these first few weeks of class provide you with numerous opportunities to meet new people, experience our campus and take the next steps in your educational journey. There’s much to do in Midtown, and I hope you’ll take the time to visit the theatres, galleries, shops and restaurants throughout our neighborhood.
We are proud to be one of the nation’s safest campuses, and we have a number of resources available to assist you.
- Wayne State University Police Department: If you witness a crime or feel unsafe on campus, contact WSUPD. 313-577-2222
- Safe Walk program: When studying or working late on campus, contact WSU Police to receive an officer escort to your vehicle or living quarters. 313-577-2222
- Dean of Students Office: If you have a concern regarding a student, contact DOSO or file a Student Care Report. 313-577-1010
- Office of Equal Opportunity: This office investigates complaints involving unlawful discrimination or harassment. 313-577-2280
- Counseling and Psychological Services: CAPS provides counseling and psychological assistance to WSU students. 313-577-3398
- Title IX: Contact Title IX Director Brandy Banks for concerns regarding sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking or other related concerns. 313-577-9999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus Health Center: The CHC provides health care services to students, including wellness visits, immunizations and more. 313-577-5041
- Broadcast Messaging Service: This service sends text messages alerting the campus community of closures, emergencies and other incidents. Sign up here.
To learn and view additional resources, visit wayne.edu/safety.
You have my best wishes for a successful semester. Remember — never hesitate to reach out if you need support.
M. Roy Wilson