Limited Submission Funding Opportunity
Pew Scholars Program in the Biomedical Sciences
LOIs due to OVPR by May 7, 2020
The Pew Charitable Trusts has invited Wayne State University to nominate a candidate for the 2020 Pew Scholars Program in the Biomedical Sciences award. The deadline for nominations is May 18, 2020.
The Pew scholars program supports assistant professors of outstanding promise in science relevant to the advancement of human health. The award provides $300,000 in flexible support—$75,000 per year for a four-year period.
Interested applicants should submit pre-proposal materials—including a research project summary (no more than one page), curriculum vitae, and a letter of support from your chair or director to OVPR at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 7. Please carefully review the program guidelines and award eligibility details (also listed below) before submitting materials to OVPR. An internal selection committee will review the submitted pre-proposal materials to assess the candidate with the best fit for the program.
Eligibility criteria for this program:
- Candidates must have been awarded a doctorate in biomedical sciences or medicine.
- As of Sept 10, 2020, nominees must hold a full-time appointment at the rank of assistant professor or the equivalent.
- Appointments such as research assistant professor, adjunct assistant professor, assistant professor research track, visiting professor, or instructor are not eligible.
- On June 15, 2020, candidates must have been in such an appointment for less than three years (not appointed before June 15, 2017). Time spent in clinical internships, residencies, in work toward board certification, or on parental leave does not count as part of this three-year limit. Candidates who took parental leave should contact Pew's program office to ensure that application reviewers are aware of their circumstances.
- Candidates may apply to the program two times in total.
A complete description of the Pew program, its terms, and its eligibility requirements can be found HERE. The online application will open June 15, 2020, and it will close Sept 10, 2020.
If you have questions about this limited submission funding opportunity, please contact OVPR at email@example.com.