Read this email on the Web
Campus employees and students,
The Campus Health Center reminds all Wayne State University employees who have returned to campus or who plan to return upon the lifting of Michigan’s stay-at-home order that they must wear a cloth face covering while on campus. This follows the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Following are some frequently asked questions regarding the use of face coverings.
- Who must wear face coverings?
- All employees, students and staff must wear a cloth face covering while on campus. Face coverings may only be removed in private offices, private study carrels and dorm rooms. Employees and students must also continue to maintain six feet of social distance and avoid groups of more than 10 individuals.
- Will Wayne State University provide me with a face covering?
- Wayne State will provide cloth face coverings to employees upon returning; employees are also welcome to bring their own homemade or previously purchased face coverings. The cloth face coverings recommended by the CDC are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators, which should be reserved for health care workers and other medical first responders.
- How do I wear a face covering?
- The face covering must cover your mouth and nose. It should fit snugly but comfortably against the side of your face and be secured with ties or ear loops. Face coverings must include multiple layers of fabric to allow for breathing without restriction and be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape.
- How do I handle the face covering during lunches and breaks?
- Public areas include common areas where employees may eat lunch or refreshments. Prior to and after eating, wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or an alcohol-based hand rub. Prepare a clean surface using a paper towel or paper bag. Remove the face covering carefully by the strings or ties, taking care not to touch the cloth sections, and store it carefully. After eating or drinking, replace the face covering, ensuring the clean side is to your face and taking care to avoid touching your face or eyes.
We understand that wearing a face covering may feel uncomfortable or awkward at first; however, they play a vital role in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and keeping our campus safe. Thank you for doing your part to protect yourself and your fellow Warriors.